Tuesday, 3 January 2017

Book review: The Hypnotist's Love Story by Liane Moriarty

The Hypnotist's Love StoryThe Hypnotist's Love Story by Liane Moriarty
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am such a fan of Moriarty since I first read What Alice Forgot many years ago and I have been slowly making my way through all her books.
Perhaps if I had read this one first I would have given it a higher rating, because it is a very good book. Just not her best.
I loved the premise of Ellen, a clinical hypnotherapist, meeting Patrick and then discovering that a relationship with Patrick and his son also comes along with his stalker of 3 years (ex girlfriend Saskia). The rotation of points of view between Ellen and Saskia was very well done and gave us an unexpected sympathy towards a "crazy stalker", but I never really warmed to Patrick and was never really convinced of Ellen's feelings towards him.
The audio narration is very well done and recommended.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...