Friday, 20 January 2017

Gentlemen and Players by Joanne Harris

Gentlemen and PlayersGentlemen and Players by Joanne Harris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wow. I had no idea when I started this how much suspense and mystery there would be.
Told in alternating Points of View between a 65 year old private school Master and an unnamed antagonist trying to destroy the school, the book slowly dissects the school and it's teachers while going back into the past to reveal to us the antagonist's history with the school and potential motivations.
I love books that surprise me, and this certainly did that. Highly recommend the audio version too, although you may find yourself, like me, stopped in your car, mouth agape, not wanting to get out and get on with your day because you need to keep listening! :O

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...